Tuesday, April 29, 2008

GOD WILL LIGHT YOUR WAY

Some days you just find yourself in the pit.

The pit is a place of darkness and uncertainty. You feel totally alone. The future is full of fears and unknowns and you don't know which way to turn.

"My heart is sore pained within me and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me and sorrow hath overwhelmed me. I said "Oh that I had wings like a dove, for then I would fly away and be at rest.!" Psalm 55:4-6

Have you ever felt like that? God understands.

"Behold the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in his mercy. Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him because we have trusted in His holy name. Let thy mercy O Lord be upon us according as we Hope in Thee." Psalm 33: 18, 20-22.

In the darkness of the pit, the one thing we need is light. God will lighten our darkness. He IS our light. If we will draw near to Him, He will light the way.

"For thou wilt light my candle; the Lord MY God will enlighten my darkness." Psalm 18: 28

"The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?" Psalm 27: 1

"The entrance of thy words gives light; it gives understanding unto the simple." Psalm 119: 130

When I go to God through His word....especially in the Psalms...I draw near to Him and He comforts me.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

"Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble and he saved them out of their distresses. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death and broke their bands asunder." Psalms 107: 13, 14

"He makes the storm a calm so that the waves thereof are still." Psalm 107: 29

"Thou which has shewn me great and sore troubles shall quicken me again and shall bring me up again from the depths of the earth. Thou shalt increase my greatness and comfort me on every side. " Psalms 71: 20-21

Yes, if we lean on the Lord, seek Him in the midst of our darkness, He will be our light and He will bring us out of the depths of the pit and cause the sun to shine again!

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies and your right hand shall save me. In the day when I cried, you answered me and strengthened me with strength in my soul." Psalm 138: 7, 3

"Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord His God." Psalm 146: 5

No comments: