Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A GLIMPSE OF HEAVEN

Last night I got a glimpse of Heaven.

Revelation 4 says :

After this I looked and behold a door was opened in heaven and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me which said 'Come up hither...' and immediately I was in the Spirit and behold a throne was set in heaven and one sat on the throne....and round about the throne were four and twenty seats and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders, sitting clothed in white raiment and they had on their heads crowns of gold.....and about the throne were four beasts.....and they rested not night and day saying 'Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty, which was and is and is to come...and [they] fell down before him that sat on the throne and worshipped him and cast their crowns before the throne saying, 'Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power for thou has created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created'

and Revelation 7: 9-12 says:

After this, I beheld and lo, a great multitude which no man could number ....stood before the throne and before the Lamb clothed with white robes and palms in their hands and cried with a loud voice saying 'Salvation to our God which sits upon the throne and unto the Lamb. And all the angels stood round about the throne and about the elders and the four beasts and fell before the throne on their faces and worshipped God, saying 'Amen, Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be unto our God forever and ever . Amen'

We can't possibly imagine...no matter how hard we try....we cannot begin to fathom what it will REALLY be like to stand before that throne. But, one thing I do know. We will not be able to stop giving glory to the One, the Only true and living God, King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!!!!
It is all we will want to do!

Last night I, along with about 400 other women, had the joy and opportunity to do just that! One of our sisters in Christ and her precious daughter gave testimony to the awesome power of Our Great God. And we had the privilege to stand with them and give Him all the glory for what He had done in their lives.

This daughter, a young wife and mother of 2, had been in a terrible car accident 2 years ago that nearly ended her life. Her brain injuries were so substantial that she was not expected to live and when she did, she was never expected to walk without a cane or walker; she was expected to lose the sight in one eye; her brain function was expected to be less than optimal. Yet last night she stood and walked and talked before a crowd of 400 as she gave testimony to the awesome power of our Great God!!!!!! Her mother gave testimony as well to the faithfulness of God and how He had answered their prayers in order to bring glory to Him! He raised her up in order that HE might be glorified.

As we looked upon this walking miracle, all we could do was say TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
Which is exactly the song her mother sang in tribute to Him. Oh it was a holy moment. It took my breath away as I thought, "this is what it will be like in Heaven, to stand with the angels and the saints of all the ages and worship at the feet of Jesus, giving him all the praise and honor and glory and majesty HE and HE alone deserves!!!!!!!! Oh what a taste of glory devine!!!!!!!

One thought came to mind in that moment...."Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!"

MY TRIBUTE
How can I say thanks
For the things You have done for me?
Things so undeserved
Yet you gave to prove your love for me
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am
or even hope to be
I owe it all to thee.
To God be the Glory
To God be the Glory
To God be the Glory
For the things He has done.
By his blood He has saved me
By his power He has raised me
To God be the Glory
For the things He has done.
Just let me live my life
Let it be pleasing Lord to thee
And if I gain any praise
Let it go to Calvary
By his blood He has saved me
By His power He has raised me
To God be the Glory
For the things He has done.
© 1971 Bud John Songs, Inc.
Words and Music by Andrae Crouch
(video of Sissel and the Oslo Gospel Choir performing this song)


No comments: