Thursday, November 27, 2008

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER

Today is Thanksgiving and my blessing cup is running over! My heart is so full of gratitude to the Lord today that there are no words in our English language to express it. Ephesians 3:20 says that God is able to "do abundantly above all that we ask or think", and HE HAS!!!

Tuesday, November 25, God blessed us with our second precious granddaughter and our son became a Daddy!!! She weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces...a tiny little miracle!

My eyes have feasted on not only her beauty but seeing with my own eyes such a miracle. New life is one of God's greatest miracles. A line from a song comes to mind as I think of that: "how God could take the love of a man and a wife and blossom it into the gift of life"! (can't remember who sang it :()

My eyes have gone from soaking up her sweet face to watching my son as a Daddy! To see this tough, hard-working, deer-slayer, man's man who I once held in MY hands, holding this tiny baby with such love and tenderness melts my heart!!!!!!!! That, too, has to be a miracle!

So today, I can do nothing but praise the Lord! HE alone is worthy of praise and honor and glory! He alone deserves all the thanksgiving!

"O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good!" Psalm 107:1

"I will praise the Lord according to HIS righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most High!" Psalm 7: 17

"I will praise the O Lord with my WHOLE HEART, I will proclaim all your marvelous works!" Psalm 9: 1

"I will sing unto the Lord, for He has dealt BOUNTIFULLY with me!!" Psalm 13:6

"The Lord liveth and blessed be my rock, and let the God of my salvation be exalted." Psalm 18: 46

"Thou hast given [me my] heart's desire and has not withheld the request of [my] lips." Psalm 21: 2

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped; therfore my heart greatly rejoices and with my song I will praise Him." Psalm 28: 7

"Thou hast turned my mourning into dancing; thou hast put off my sackcloth and gifded me with gladness to the end that my glory may sing praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever!!!!!" Psalm 30: 11, 12

"O MAGNIFY THE LORD WITH ME AND LET US EXALT HIS NAME TOGETHER!!!!!" Psalm 34: 3

"Many O Lord my God are thy wonderful works which thou has done and thy thoughts which are toward us cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee; if I would declare them and speak of them, THEY ARE MORE THAN CAN BE NUMBERED!!" Psalm 40: 5

Today as you gather with your family to enjoy a bountiful meal with those you love, would you give praise to our great God for me? There are not enough words in my vocabulary to give Him the praise He so richly deserves, so I ask you to help me to magnify the Lord and give all honor and glory and praise to our GREAT GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: