Monday, October 19, 2009

ADORATION ONLY

Too many days I find myself doing nothing in my prayer time but making requests. Yes, God tells us to come to Him and to ask. He even says "keep on asking...keep on knocking". But sadly, I find that I often forget the other elements of prayer such as adoration and confession, being thankful and seeking forgiveness.

Today I want to just bow at His feet and adore Him for WHO He is..........



Master

Savior

Redeemer

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

Alpha and Omega

Beginning and the End

Creator

Master Designer

Sustainer

Holy

Righteous

Infinite

All powerful

All knowing

Ever Present

Kind

Compassionate

Tender

Loving

Father

Priest

Judge

Rose of Sharon

Bright and Morning Star

Lily of the Valley

My Rock

My Fortress

My strong high tower

My shield and defender

The lifter up of my head


He is all this and more and yet He knows me by name. (Isaiah 40: 3).

His thoughts toward me are more than the sands of the sea (Psalm 139 : 17)

He is my hiding place, the one who will preserve me from trouble (Psalm 32: 7)

In Him I am abundantly satisfied (Psalm 36: 8)

He sets me before His face forever (Psalm 41:12)

He commands His lovingkindness toward me in the daytime and at night His song shall be with me (Psalm 42: 8)

He knows every tear that I cry...He records them in His book of remembrance (Psalm 56: 8)

He loads me with great blessings daily (Psalm 68: 19)

He has been my hope since I was a child (Psalm 71:5)

He is good, plenteous in mercy and always ready to forgive (Psalm 86:5)

He rejoices over ME with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)


I am one among millions on this planet Earth, yet my God knows me and loves me. I am precious in His sight. What an awesome thought!!!!!!!! Who am I that He...the great I AM...would love ME? Would care about ME? But, He does! Praise God...He does!!!!!!!!




Casting Crowns - Who Am I
From the album Casting Crowns

Who am I,
that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I,
that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
Chorus:I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours,
I am Yours
Who Am I,
that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I,
that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

No comments: