Sunday, May 9, 2010

A MOTHER'S LOVE

Only God knew you before me. He formed you and placed you within my womb that I might have the unique experience of being a mother. Your Daddy loved the thought of you, and he knew about you. But even before you drew your first breath of air, I was already in love with you.

My very life had sustained your life. I had felt the first brush of movement within me that confirmed what my heart already knew....you were there and you were mine.

Once brought into the world that love for what had til now been unseen, became all-encompassing. I had never known such love before! I could not get enough of you. My eyes wanted to feast continually upon your perfect little body, lying so peacefully asleep, so tiny, so vulnerable, so beautiful beyond words. I wept because my heart was so full my eyes kept running over.

I was blessed to experience this phenomenon twice and each time it was the same....the most powerful, overwhelming love in the world!! There is nothing to compare the bond between a mother and her child. It is a bond that never ends.

I heard it said once that it is our job as parents to work ourselves out of a job. That is true, but you NEVER stop being a parent. You never cease to love that child that you carried and nurtured and loved. They are a part of you, the best part of you, and like our Heavenly Father's love for us, our love is unconditional and never-ending.

So even as my eyes feasted upon you then, they feast upon you now. I still love the sound of your voice, the touch of your hand and the sight of your sweet face. I always will. You are precious to me, more precious than words and I thank God for the privilege of being your mother and for blessing me with you.

I love you, my sweet Son and Daughter, with all my heart.

No comments: