Monday, July 5, 2010

GOD IS FOR ME

"This I know...GOD IS FOR ME." Psalm 56: 9b

I love the way God tucks little nuggets away in His Word for just a time when we need them. Little verses of truth that somehow we have overlooked in the past.

I have read Psalm 56 many times. In fact, some of my favorite passages are contained within it.

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee." Psalm 56:3 This was the first verse I ever committed to memory. I was 6 years old. It is still one of my favorites.

"You, yourself have recorded my wanderings (misery), you have put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in your records?" Psalm 56: 8 To think that God keeps my tears and records each one!!! That is too awesome for words...especially considering I cry easily.

"In God I trust, I will not fear." Psalm 56:4 Wish I could say I had mastered this one, but alas I am still working to that end.

Yes, Psalm 56 is a favorite Psalm, yet how have I missed that one little phrase:

GOD IS FOR ME.

Now most of us are familiar with the verse that says "If God be for us who can be against us". We even sang it in Sunday School as children.

But this verse grabbed me this morning.

God...the creator of the Universe, the sustainer of Life, the Great I AM, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords...is for ME!! You cannot get much more personal than that. And...that verse also applies to YOU. He is for YOU as well.

If He is for me, then that means He is NOT against me! There is a song currently playing on KLOVE and the first verse of the song says "He's not mad at you". Sometimes we feel like He is though, don't we? We feel like we've failed so often, repeated the same sins again and again or failed to learn something He has tried so desperately to teach us, that He must be so tired of us, so frustrated and we wonder why He doesn't give up on us. But...He does not. He is FOR us.

When someone is FOR you, that means they are on your side, they will stand up for you, they will stand beside you, they will plead your case, they have your back. They will not turn on you, they will not forsake you when the going gets tough, they will not get angry and walk away. They are someone you can rely on and trust. Or....that's how it SHOULD be. Yet we know that in real life that is not always the case. Sometimes the very ones we thought were FOR us, turn against us. But God is different.

When God says HE is FOR you, you can take it to the bank. He is ever faithful, ever true.

He is FOR us because He loves us. He was so FOR us, that He sent His only Son to die and pay our penalty for our sin.

So when all seems to be crashing in around you, remember GOD IS FOR YOU.

When everyone else seems to be turning away from you, GOD IS FOR YOU.

When others let you down or disappoint you, GOD IS FOR YOU.

When you seem to be all alone and no else seems to care, GOD IS FOR YOU.

When the problems seem insurmountable and you wonder how you are going to make it another day, GOD IS FOR YOU.

When you've cried so many tears, you wonder how God could have enough bottles to contain them all, GOD IS FOR YOU.

Today, take this one nugget with you through your day....


GOD IS FOR YOU!!!

No comments: