Friday, December 24, 2010

REMEMBER, THE MANGER IS EMPTY

Today is CHRISTmas Eve and I'm sure for most of us, a very busy day.  So I just want to give you one thought to remember and ponder today.

The manger is empty.

Yes, I know when you look at the nativity, the baby is IN the manger.  And CHRISTmas is the time when we celebrate the birth of our Savior.  But for many, they still see Jesus as the baby in the manger.  I just want to remind you, He is no longer a baby and He is no longer in the manger.

Neither is He still on the cross.  He went to that cross for you and for me.  He paid our sin debt and three days later He arose.  Today He is seated at the right hand of the Father, just waiting His word to return and bring time to an end.  BUT...and here is the most important part....for those of us who are believers, He is not in the manger, nor on the cross, He is IN our hearts!  And that's what I'm celebrating today and tomorrow and every day!!! 

If you've never invited Jesus to come and take up residence in YOUR heart, you can do so today and have the best CHRISTmas you've ever had!! 

Today, if you see a manger scene, where is JESUS to you?

No comments: