Wednesday, October 11, 2017

BEACH MUSINGS - PART 3

Beach Musings Part 3

Some days at the beach we wake to find that there is fog so thick you can barely see the water.  It hangs like a blanket, obscuring all except that tiny sliver of beach where water meets the sand.  Just yesterday, it was clear and sunny, yet now this fog limits our view.


Often in our lives, the fog rolls in and also obscures our view.  The fog of grief, the fog of pain, the fog of uncertainty and indecision.  All of these can cause us to feel as if we've lost our moorings, as if we are lost and don't know what to do next.  

I can remember one of those times in my life when I felt like I was in a fog of uncertainty and doubt.  You see my mother was being overtaken by the fog of dementia and suddenly I was responsible for making all the decisions for her about her finances, her health, about every aspect of her life.  It was overwhelming! Being an only child, the full weight of this responsibility was on my shoulder and I was so afraid of doing the wrong thing.  My prayer life seemed to be one repeated plea, "God, help me! I don't know what to do!"  

And, of course He did.  As I prayed and cried out to Him, He led me to Psalm 32:8 and 10b "I will instruct you and show you the way to go, with My eye on you, I will give 
you counsel.....the one who trusts in the Lord will have faithful love surrounding him."  

Friend, no matter what fog you may encounter today, let me assure you that just beneath the clouds the Son is shining.  He is there for you and if you will trust Him, He will shine His light on your path and show you the way.  You will see the light breaking through and He will provide the wisdom and guidance you need to take the next step.  


No comments: