Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9, 2007

My heart is so sad, so heavy, over the death of this young woman. It aches for the Daddy and the grandmother whose hearts are so broken. It just seems to be more than any one person should have to bear. "Why Lord?" That is the question on everyone's mind.

Our hearts cry out to Him for He is our only source of comfort. He is the One who holds the reasons WHY. Maybe He will reveal those answers in His perfect time. Maybe He never will. But one thing is for sure. He cares. He loves us with an unfathonable love.

We can cry out to Him and know that He hears us. We can pour out our hearts to Him and know that He is listening to us. Oh how thankful I am to know that He is there. In Psalms, David calls out to God over and over again....from the pit, from the caves, from the palace.

"Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me; in the day when I call answer me speedily." Ps 102: 1-2
"But thou O Lord art a God full of compassion and gracious, longsuffering and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto me and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto [me]...show me a token for good...thou has laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deep....thou hast put away my acquaintances far from me....but unto thee have I cried, O Lord and in the morning shall my prayer preserve me." Ps 86: 15-17, 88: 6, 8, 13.

Yes, my God hears me when I pray and He responds with mercy, compassion and love. I can always count on that. When the circumstances are over my head, I can know and trust that it is all under His feet. I may never know WHY, but I will always know WHO to trust. I have learned that when the difficult days come...and they will....when I do not have answers, I can count on what I DO know:

I KNOW that God loves me.
I KNOW that God cares about me.
I KNOW that He will never leave me or forsake me.
I KNOW that He works ALL things for my good.
I KNOW that He can be trusted.
I KNOW that He does ALL things well.
I KNOW that one day He will take me to Heaven.
I KNOW that He is merciful and compassionate.
I KNOW that He will never give up on me.
I KNOW that He will always forgive me.
I KNOW that there is NOTHING that can separate me from Him!
I KNOW that He died for me and that Satan cannot have me no matter how hard he tries.

So you see, it really doesn't matter that I don't know all the reasons WHY. It's the WHO that I do know and as long as I know Him, that is enough.

No comments: