Monday, August 4, 2008

CRY TO JESUS

"My heart is sore pained within me and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me and horror hath overwhelmed me. And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away and be at rest." Psalm 55: 4-6

In the movie, FOREST GUMP, Forest's friend, Jenny was abused by her father. Forest came to visit her one day and her father came outside looking for her. Jenny began to run through the corn fields, trying to hide from him. Forest ran with her, not knowing why she was running. Jenny and Forest hid beneath the cover of the dense rows of corn while Jenny prayed "Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly away, far...far...away!" She uttered the same sentiment uttered by David probably as he was hiding from Saul.

There are times in our life when we, too, just want to "fly away...far, far away". Anything to escape our circumstances. But David could not fly away any more than Jenny could, nor you and I can. So he learned what he COULD do instead. He called upon the Lord.

"As for me, I will call upon God' and the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon will I pray and CRY ALOUD and he shall hear my voice". Psalm 55: 16, 17

"Be merciful to me O God be merciful to me. For my soul trusts in thee; yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge until these calamities be past. " Psalm 57 : 1

"I will CRY unto God most high; unto God most High; unto God that performs all things for me." Psalm 57: 2

"Thou tellest my wanderings; put thou my tears into thy bottle; are they not in thy book". [God knows every tear that falls...he keeps them in a bottle and records them in his book!! He does not overlook one single tear that you shed!!] Psalm 56: 8

"In God have I put my trust. I will not be afraid what man can do to me.' Psalm 56: 11

CRY OUT TO JESUS TODAY. He hears you. He loves you. He cares about you. He knows your needs and your hurts. You are not alone.

No comments: