Saturday, January 23, 2010

PSALM 2010

"I was sure by now, God
You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again
I say Amen
And it's still raining,
As the thunder rolls
I hear you whisper through the rain
I'm with you...." (1)

"I need thee, Oh I need thee
Every hour I need you
Oh bless me now my Savior
I come to thee " (2)

"Where can I go
Oh where can I go
Seeking a refuge for my soul...
Needing a friend
To save me in the end
Where could I go
but to the Lord" (3)

"What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
What a privilege to carry
Everything to Him in prayer.

Do thy friends despise forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer
In His arms He'll take and shield thee
Take it to the Lord in prayer." (4)

"Farther along we'll know all about it
Farther along we'll understand why
Cheer up my brother
Live in the Sunshine
We'll understand it
All by and by." (5)

"Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows fall
Why should my heart be lonely
And long for Heaven and home?

When Jesus is my portion
My constant friend is He
For His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me
Yes His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He cares for me" (6)

"There shall be showers of blessing
Oh that TODAY they might fall
Now as to God we're confessing
Now as on Jesus we call.

Showers of blessing
Showers of blessing we need
Mercy drops round us are falling
But for the showers we plead." (7)

(1) Casting Crowns
(2) Annie Hawks
(3) J. B. Coats
(4) Joseph Scriven
(5) J. R. Baxter and W. B. Stevens
(6) Civilla Martin
(7) Daniel Whittle

No comments: