Monday, June 7, 2010

HELD BY HIS HAND

I got up this morning and began looking around. So much to do. It seems I never get caught up.

I love a clean orderly house. I always have. Yet for the life of me I can never seem to MAINTAIN it. I try to be organized and stay on top of things, yet I always seem to fail.

I love a beautiful yard. Having a beautiful yard is a lot of work. I DO work at it, yet mine is never quite what I'd like it to be. I just don't have the knack or the green thumb that others in my family have.

There are other areas, too, that demand my attention, but never seem to get enough of it, so they too are lacking in some way. Projects started but never finished. Things I WANT to do, but never have the time.

I feel like so often that no matter how hard I try, I just never measure up. Whether it is trying to keep house, nurture a garden, lose weight, teaching Bible study, or just being a good daughter, wife, mother, grandmother or friend, I just never seem to be able to do all I'd like to do.

Performance.

My self-worth is based on my performance so much of the time. But God reminds me that His view of me, His love for me, His acceptance of me is NOT based on performance. Praise God!

No, He doesn't base His love and acceptance of me based on what I DO. . Rather He bases it on what HE has already DONE!!!

Aren't you glad!!! I certainly am. For there is no way I'd ever measure up to Him. No one can. But He doesn't expect us to. We are already "accepted in the Beloved" according to Ephesians 1: 6.

In fact, if you get to feeling like I do at times...like you will never measure up...just sit down with Ephesians and just take note of all that you are IN HIM!!

You have been:

"blessed with all spiritual blessings...."

"chosen....before the foundation of the world..to be holy and without blame...."

"adopted....by His good pleasure.. to the praise of the glory of His grace..."

"accepted in the Beloved...."

"[given] redemption through His blood..."

"[given] forgiveness of sins...."

The riches of His grace "have abounded toward you...."

You have obtained an "inheritance In Him....that you should be to the praise of His glory...."

You have been "sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise....the earnest of your inheritance...."

Yes, we are held in His mighty Hand and sealed for all eternity. No man can pluck us out of His hand. And no failure on our part will render that ineffective or inactive. It is all ours based on what He has done through His Son, Jesus Christ.

So although I already know that no matter how hard I try today, everything on my TO DO list will not get done, and I will probably fail to live up to someone's expectations today, in my Father's eyes, I am complete in Him and He loves me still. And that should be enough to make my day!! Hope it makes yours too.

No comments: