Friday, June 4, 2010

TRUFFLES FROM GOD

My name is Pat. I am a chocoholic.

Yes, I confess I LOVE chocolate...preferably dark chocolate and preferably LOTS of it.

I love Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate morsels straight from the bag...

I love old fashioned chocolate cake. Ruthie House makes the BEST!! My son-in-love and I had a conversation the other day about the things some people eat for breakfast that are NOT breakfast items, such as hot wings, pizza, spaghetti, etc. YUK!! But...I do confess the one non-breakfast thing I CAN eat is chocolate cake...with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

I love strawberries dipped in chocolate....

I love chocolate ice cream, any shape, form or fashion.....

I love decadent chocolate desserts. One of my fondest memories is of one at the Opryland Hotel years ago. It was extremely rich and had a delectable raspberry sauce......yuuuummmmmm.....

I love chocolate covered cherries. I cannot be held totally responsible for this love though, I inherited it from my grandmother. I will say my tastes have changed over the years, however, as now I really prefer the dark chocolate with the clear filling as opposed to the white. I try hard to stay away from them at Christmas, as I can't eat just one.

A few years ago when the Harry and David store was still in the Memphis area, they were giving away chocolate-raspberry truffles. Oh my goodness!!! Even now my mouth waters just thinking of them. They were out of this world, they were SOOOOO good!!!

Isn't it amazing how something so little can be SO good? And how much enjoyment we can get from the little things ?

I bought a book several years ago and I think it was called "TRUFFLES FROM GOD". I loaned it to someone and never got it back, but I loved that book! The writer wrote about numerous "truffles" that God would bestow on her day after day. Little things that you might ordinarily overlook or take for granted, she became very aware were just little blessings from God to brighten her day.

Lately I've found God blessing me with some truffles too, and when He would I would find myself just smiling and saying to Him "Oh God...you are so SWEET to me!" You know how a friend will do something for you....something unexpected, but it just makes your day? And, when a friend does that, more often than not we say "Awww...that was so sweet of you...thank you SO much!" Well, God does that for us all the time, but too often we are too busy or too preoccupied with ourselves to notice.

Just yesterday I met a new friend at Bible study. Alice shared with me that she had just moved here 2 months ago and did not really know anyone. As she was walking her dog the day before, she began to pray, "Lord...I really need a friend. Won't you please send me a friend?" The very next day at her son's baseball practice she met Sandra. Now here is where it gets good! Not only does Sandra have a son in baseball like Alice, Sandra is also her neighbor AND they attend the same church!! So yesterday, they came to Bible study TOGETHER! A testimony to the sweetness of our God, who knows the deepest longings of our heart and delights to provide for His children just like we delight to bless our children.

I had been thinking about this yesterday and this morning I read:

"So I will praise You as long as I live; at Your name I will lift up my hands. You satisfy me as with rich food (TRUFFLES!), my mouth will praise You with joyful lips." Psalm 63: 4,5

I hope today YOU will enjoy some Truffles from God!

No comments: