Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 25, 2007

We are so fortunate to have God's Word! He speaks to us through that Word. I don't think we really get the impact of those words.

GOD......The Great "I AM"....

The Creator of the Universe....
The One who SPOKE the world into existence.....
The GOD who parted the Red Sea so the Children of Israel could walk thru on dry
land....
The GOD who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrorah with fire and brimstone..
The GOD who holds the earth in orbit..................
The KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS............

This same GOD wrote to us......He left us this book we call the Bible....so HE could communicate with us. He did not leave us to flounder through life, wondering what we should do. He did not leave us with no hope. He knew we would face struggles, trials and disappointment. He knew we would lose our way. He knew that there would be hurts and pain and turmoil in our life, but He did not leave us to fend for ourselves. He gave us His divine word....His God-breathed word, penned by man, but penned EXACTLY as He directed.

We who have the privilege of living in the United States of America....one nation UNDER GOD....have the awesome privilege of having as many Bibles as we want, in every translation, every color and every size. We can read it freely whenever and wherever we choose. No one is going to attack us, arrest us, or threaten our lives for doing so. Yet, do we bother?

As I was reading through a passage I wanted to share with a struggling friend this morning, the awesomeness of what I read just flooded by heart. I want to share just a few of those verses with you today and ask you to really THINK about what you are reading and contemplate what an AWESOME God we serve, who would pen such words of comfort and hope and encouragement to us. ( my comments in red)

Thus saith the Lord to his annointed....whose right hand I hold. [God desires to hold us by the hand so that He may guide us along the way] I will go before thee and make the crooked places straight. And I will give you treasures of darkness [Have you ever thought there were treasures in YOUR darkness....God has special things He desires to teach us that can only be learned in the dark and He calls them TREASURES!] hidden riches of secret places that [here is the object of the exercise....don't miss it!] you may KNOW that I, the Lord, who calls you by name [don't miss that...HE CALLS YOU BY NAME...He is a PERSONAL God!] I am the God of Israel....I am the Lord and there is none else, there is NO GOD BESIDE ME! From the rising of the sun and from the west, there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is NONE ELSE!! I form the light and create the darkness........I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare what is right......there is no God else beside me, a just God and a Savior, there is none beside me. Look unto me and be saved all the ends of the earth, for I am God and there is none else....unto me every knee shall bow and every tongue shall swear....[I] declare the end from the beginning and from ancient times the things that are not yet done saying, My counsel shall stand and I will do my pleasure....I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it and I will also do it." Isaiah 45 and 46, selected passages-KJV

May God, the one....the only true God...speak to you today through His Holy and inspired Word. He has a message for you....don't miss it.

No comments: