Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'M BACK!!

If you are a regular reader of Wings of the Morning (and I hope you are!), you've probably wondered where I've been.............

My husband's company shut down for a week for the Fourth of July, so we decided to take a little trip to Branson, Missouri. We had made our plans, booked our reservations, and mapped out our week for the things we wanted to do and see.

BUT.....sometimes your plans get interrupted by the unexpected and the unplanned! Like a trip to the Emergency Room. That was NOT in our plans, yet we found ourselves there waiting for almost 6 hours before being seen!! It seems that my bronchitis had turned into pneumonia. Not fun. Between the frequent bouts of coughing and the indescribable fatigue, it's taken me a little bit to get back to writing.

Thankfully, however, we were able to finish our trip, just at a little slower pace. We saw some great shows and attractions. Among them were THE PROMISE, 50's at the Hop and the Dixie Stampede along with tours of the Titanic museum and a museum of 1957 automobiles.

THE PROMISE was a recreation of the life of Christ. It was a well done production, but the most captivating part of this presentation was the man who played Jesus. He was outstanding. His eyes were just like I would expect Jesus' eyes to be. They drew you in. They smiled. They were kind and gentle. I have never seen anyone who played the part of Jesus whose eyes quite touched me the way his did. I do not believe this man was just playing a role. I believe he genuinely felt and wanted to impart the love of Christ.

One day we will see the REAL Jesus face to face. We will look into His eyes. They will either be filled with love and joy as He welcomes us home, saying "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" or they will be filled with remorse as he says "Depart from me, I never knew you".

What will He say to YOU, when you look into His eyes?

No comments: