Saturday, September 6, 2008

BIBLE NOTES

I am one of those hold-outs who is still using the King James Version of the Bible. There are a number of reasons....(1) I can find everything in it because I have so many notes and notations (2) I've had it for most of my life (since 1964!) and (3) because most of the scripture I've memorized is from KJV. Not that I oppose other versions, I like most of them. I even have a couple and often use those or some that I refer to online. But MY Bible is special to me. I've had it rebound several times but always have kept the notes written on the inside covers and other pages within.

Inside are written the names of my childhood friends on the "FRIENDS" page. There is also a list of the births, spiritual birthdays, marriages and deaths of my closest friends and family. There are a couple of "mysterious" scribbles from when my children were little:) and even a couple of notes left by one of them just for me:)

I've written a number of quotes and significant notes from Bible teachers through the years. I thought I'd share those with you today. Credits are given where known.

  • "It took the life of God in the life of man to produce the likeness of God in the character of man". Tom Murray

  • "It is better to be divided by truth than it is to be united in error. It is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie. I had rather ultimately succeed with the truth than to succeed with a lie. It is better to stand alone with the truth than to be wrong with the multitude." Adrian Rogers, Bellevue Baptist Church

  • No matter how good we are, God loves us no more. No matter how bad we are, God loves us no less. God's love is not based on our performance. HE JUST LOVES!" Tom Murray

  • "We are in the land of the dying on the way home to the land of the living." Miller Cunningham

  • "When you are at your lowest, go to the deepest thing you know about God and hang on." Dr. Frank Thomas, Mississippi Boulevard Christian Church

  • "The answers God gives in our TOMORROWS often flow from our faithful TODAYS." Beth Moore

  • "At the Great White Throne Judgment someone must pay the price for sin. WHO will pay for YOURS? You or Jesus? " Sam Shaw, Germantown Baptist Church

  • "Never be afraid to trust a future that you do NOT know to a God that you DO know." Corrie Ten Boom

  • "The man who can kneel before God can stand before anyone." Adrian Rogers

  • "The purpose of prayer is for us to get a hold of God----not an answer." Oswald Chambers

  • A dusty Bible leads to a dirty life.

  • God will not send you where He cannot sustain you.

  • There is only one being who can satisfy the last aching abyss of the human heart, and that is JESUS.

  • "A person who has all the answers has no need of God. Faith is trusting God even when the questions go unanswered." Tom Murray

  • "Tears are liquid prayers that carry a lot of weight at the throne of grace." Charles Spurgeon

  • "Though I hear but do not understand, I will not let go of the unseen hand that holds the reasons why." Old hymn

  • "Sow a thought--reap an action; Sow an action--reap a habit; Sow a habit--reap a character; Sow a character--reap a destiny." Ken Surrette

  • "When all we do is sit and soak, we soon begin to sour and then to stink." Adrian Rogers

  • "Christians are like tea bags. They're only good when put in hot water. God does not put us in hot water to scald us, but to release all that is within us." Tom Murray

  • Mothers write on the hearts of their children what the world's rough hand can't erase.

  • "Fear is to Satan what Faith is to God. Satan operates on the basis of fear and fear immobilizes you. While fear immobilizes, faith energizes (IITim. 1:7) Fear is held in check by power, love and a sound mind".

  • "To lose my salvation I'd have to commit a sin that was strong enough to cancel crucified love." Tom Murray

  • "When sharing with a non-believer, listen to their story, share your story which will open the way for you to then share HIS story." Ellen Olford

No comments: