Monday, January 5, 2009

FULLY DEVOTED FOLLOWER

The church I am in now and the one I was a member of previously urged us to be FULLY DEVOTED FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST.

To be a follower requires that you have a leader. CHRIST is our leader. In order to follow the leader you must keep your eyes upon the leader at all times. You must listen to His voice and to His instructions. You must trust Him, trust that He knows the way and that He will lead you in the way that is best.

This morning as I was having my quiet time, I heard a commotion outside my window. As I looked, the sky was filled with black birds who began to converge upon my yard and my adjoining neighbor's yard. There were literally hundreds of them and they completely covered our yards. I stood up and went to the window for a closer look. I watched in utter fascination as they continued to come, land, and begin to peck the ground for something to eat. They were squawking and eating. The last one had hardly landed when suddenly, as if someone had given the signal, they all took off! I mean they ALL took off...not one single bird remained behind. They did not fly off in 10 different directions. They ALL flew in the same direction, at the same time, at the same speed. They were obviously following a leader. Within seconds there was not a single bird left on our lawns or in any trees.

Oh that we would be such an obedient flock!

No comments: