Tuesday, March 16, 2010

NEVER GOOD ENOUGH

Do you ever feel like you are never quite good enough? I know I do.

It seems like no matter how hard I try...and I DO try really hard...I can never quite measure up to other's expectations or my own. In this frail, human, sin sick body of mine, I can never achieve perfection...as much as I'd like to, as much as I strive to.

I want so desperately to be

the BEST wife....

the BEST mother....

the BEST grandmother....

the BEST mother in law....

the BEST daughter....

the BEST friend....

the BEST teacher....

and yet I consistently fail. It is a miserable feeling to let down those you love, to cause hurt or disappointment, to fail to measure up in their eyes. It is even worse to feel that disappointment in failing God.

However, unlike our loved ones or our friends who may become angry, frustrated, upset or even withdraw their love from us, God never stops loving us. He constantly reminds us that He loves us no matter what!! He says:

My compassions fail not...my mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22, 23)

My thoughts toward you are precious...they are more than the sands of the sea (Psalm 140: 17, 18)

I rejoice over you with singing...(Zephaniah 3: 17)

I have redeemed you, I have called you BY NAME, you are MINE! (Isaiah 43: 1)

Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed for I am YOUR God; I will strengthen thee, yea I will help you, I will uphold you with my right hand! (Isaiah 41: 10)

There is therefore NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8: 1)

...neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things to come, nor things past, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate you from my love (Romans 8:38, 39)

I have loved you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)

Yes, in this life, no matter how much we try, we will never achieve perfection. Not til we shed this sinful body and gain our new glorified body in Heaven, will that occur. But be assured of this, no matter how many times you fail, God will never stop loving you, never stop pursuing you, never stop wanting a relationship with you. You are forever engraved on the palms of His hand and you are accepted in the beloved.

No comments: