Friday, August 21, 2009

MY GOD

There is something so comforting to me about the words "MY GOD". 'My' is a personal pronoun denoting ownership. God is the God of the universe, the Creator of all things, the Sustainer, the One and Only God....holy, righteous, infinite, eternal, the Alpha and Omega, the King of kings and Lord of lords. I am His and He is mine!!!!!!!!!!!

David wrote throughout the Psalms about his God. Though he was in the pit many times throughout scripture and lamented long and loud of his condition, he always came back to the one central point...God was his God and that is where his hope rested.

Listen to him and see if you do not find yourself in these verses:

"Innumerable evils have compassed me about; mine iniquities have taken hold upon me so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head; therefore my heart fails me. Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me, O Lord, make haste to help me. Withhold not your tender mercies from me; let you lovingkindness and your truth continually preserve me." Psalm 40: 12, 13, 11

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? Why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God. I shall yet praise him for the help of His countenance." Psalm 42: 5

"Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime and in the night his song shall be with me and my prayer shall be to the God of my life." Psalm 42: 8

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? Why art thou disquieted with in me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him who is the health of my countenance and MY GOD." Psalm 42: 11

"For thou art the God of my strength...why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? O send out thy light and thy truth; let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God MY EXCEEDING JOY!.....Why art thou cast down O my soul? Why art thou disquieted within me? Hope in God for I shall praise him who is the health of my countenance and MY GOD!" Psalm 43: 2-5

If you find yourself in a pit today, if your soul is cast down...realize that your hope...your only hope...is found in God. Not just a god or any god, but in your GOD, the God of your salvation. If you know Him, he is yours...he is nearer than breathing, closer than hands and feet. If you don't know him, I'd love to share with you how you can. (You may contact me through the CONTACT button below)

No comments: