Monday, August 10, 2009

SING YOUR CARES AWAY

"When they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushments...(2 Chronicles 20:22)

There is something about music that soothes our souls. King Saul used to call the shepherd boy, David, to come and play his harp when a troubled spirit came upon him. Music is the backdrop of Heaven, where a heavenly choir of angels sings continuously. "I heard the singing of thousands and millions of angels around the throne...." Revelation 5:11.

Don Piper in his book 90 Minutes in Heaven, an account of his life after death experience, writes:

"A holy awe came over me as I stepped forward....then I heard the music....the most vivid memory of heaven is what I heard. I can only describe it as a holy whoosh of wings. But I'd have to magnify that thousands of times to explain the effect of the sound in Heaven. It was the most beautiful and pleasant sound I've ever heard, and it didn't stop. It was like a song that goes on forever. I just didn't hear the music, I felt like I was part of the music---and it played in and through my body. I stood still, yet felt embraced by the music.....Myriads of sounds so filled my mind and heart that it's difficult to explain them....the single most vivid memory of my entire heavenly experience was [the music]. I call it music, but it differed from anything I had ever heard of or ever expect to hear on earth. The melodies of praise filled the atmosphere...the praise was unending. Praise was everywhere, and all of it was musical, yet comprised of melodies and tones I'd never experienced before. "Hallelujah! Praise! Glory to God! Praise to the King" Such words rang out in the midst of the music......The celestial tunes surpassed any I had ever heard. Even now back on earth, sometimes I hear faint echoes of that same music. No matter how difficult a day I've had, peace immediately fills every part of my being [with the sounds of Heaven filling my heart and mind.]"

Hebrews 13:15 tells us that we are to offer "a sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name."

Sometimes in the midst of our turmoil and pain, it is a true SACRIFICE to let that go and instead begin to praise. But, if we will do that, we will realize that we cannot focus on our problems AND praise at the same time! Our songs of praise will actually dispel the darkness.

'We can sing our cares away easier than we can reason them away. Sing in the morning. The birds are the earliest to sing and birds are more without care than anything else that I know of. Sing at evening. Singing is the last thing that robins do. When they have done their daily work; when they have flown their last flight an dpicked up their last morsel of food, then on a topmost twig, they will sing songs of praise." (Streams in the Desert)

Today if you are burdened with a load of care, if your heart is heavy, if your problems are mountainous, turn up the music...TURN IT UP LOUD and begin to praise the Lord with all your might!! The demons will flee, your heart will sing and God will be lifted up!

No comments: