Thursday, December 7, 2017

REASON FOR THE SEASON....Day 7


"For a child will be born for us, a son will given to us....He shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace".  Isaiah 9:6

PEACE.  Isn't that something we all long for?  Peace in our country.  Peace in our homes.  Peace in our relationships.  Peace in our world.  

This time of year especially we need His peace.  As we are out in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the crowds, rushing around trying to get everything done, we long for a quiet place to rest.  We long for peace.



When we worry how we will get it all done. We need peace. 



When we worry if the budget will extend to cover all of our purchases, we need peace.


  As the holidays are painful times for many, we need peace.  





JESUS is our Prince of Peace.  He is the only one who can bring peace in the midst of chaos.  He is the only one who can still the storms.  He is the only one who can give us beauty for ashes.  

Some years ago, there was a song that had one line that really spoke to me.  The title of the song was "HOLD ME JESUS" by Rich Mullins:


Well, sometimes my life just don't make sense at all
When the mountains look so big
And my faith just seems so small

CHORUS:
So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory

Won't You be my Prince of Peace



I believe that is the cry of most hearts today. "Won't you be my Prince of Peace?" 

This CHRISTmas, I invite you to gaze into the face of the PRINCE OF PEACE.  He offers us His peace.  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27   


Apart from JESUS there can be no peace.  But IN HIM, the PRINCE OF PEACE, your heart can find rest and He can bring the lasting peace that you need.  

Today, BEHOLD your PRINCE OF PEACE.  

No comments: