Saturday, December 9, 2017

REASON FOR THE SEASON....Day 9

Yesterday I shared with you a song that is my new favorite song, WHAT IS CHRISTMAS by Kutlass.  I hope you have listened to it.  If not, I encourage you to go back and listen.

One of the lines says "What is Christmas if there never was a Savior wrapped in a manger...what is CHRISTmas  without CHRIST"?  That is a question that every person should ask themselves this CHRISTmas.

I saw on Facebook the other day where someone said "If you don't believe in Christ, why do you celebrate CHRISTmas? "  Good question!!  Because if you are not celebrating His birth, if you are not celebrating Him and the reason He came, you are really NOT celebrating CHRISTmas.

Notice the word C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S.  Do you see what the first word in CHRISTmas is?  Is it not CHRIST?  You see CHRISTmas is all about CHRIST.  

You may notice that I write CHRISTmas with CHRIST in all caps then add the mas on the end in small letters.  I started doing that several years ago to emphasize the CHRIST in CHRISTmas.  It is just a small way of drawing attention to CHRIST at CHRISTmas.

When stores started instructing their employees to NOT say Merry CHRISTmas any more, I found a button that said "It's all right to wish me a Merry CHRISTmas" which I wore throughout the holidays.  I intentionally wished employees a Merry CHRISTmas even if they said "Happy Holidays".  Often they cannot initiate the Merry CHRISTmas but if you say it first, then they can say it too.

I was told stores aren't to sell CHRISTmas trees any more, they are selling "holiday trees".  I don't know about you, but I don't have a HOLIDAY tree, I have a CHRISTmas tree!! And my CHRISTmas tree is full of ornaments about JESUS and His birth.  In fact, I just purchased a new one....the largest one ever for my tree!!  See how you like it:


There are many ways that we can be intentional about keeping CHRIST in CHRISTmas.  I would love to hear some of yours!!!





No comments: