Monday, August 27, 2007

August 27, 2007


Grace Wolgemuth's 26 Bible Verses
by Robert Wolgemuth

"In chapter 2 of The Most Important Place on Earth, I told the story of my mother, Grace Wolgemuth, teaching our daughters 26 Bible verses, each beginning with a letter of the alphabet. Over the years she has taught these verses to many, many children...including most of her 20 grandchildren and many of her 18 great-grandchildren."

Here are the verses, just in case you'd like to teach them to your kids:

A All we like sheep have gone astray. Isaiah 53:6
B Be kind one to another. Ephesians 4:32
C Children obey your parents, for this is the right thing to do. Ephesians 6:1
D Don't fret or worry; it only leads to harm. Psalm 37:8
E Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17
F "Follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19
G God is love. 1 John 4:16
H He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
I "I am the Bread of life." John 6:35
J Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me." Matthew 19:14
K Kind words are like honey, enjoyable and healthful. Proverbs 16:14
L Love one another. John 13:34
M "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." John 10:27
N Now is the time to come to Jesus. 2 Corinthians 6:2
O Obey God because you are His children. 1 Peter 1:14
P Pray about everything. Philippians 4:6
Q Quick Lord, answer me, for I have prayed. Psalm 141:1
R Remember your Creator now, while you are young. Ecclesiastes 12:6
S Sing a new song to the Lord. Psalm 98:1
T Thank God for Jesus, His gift too wonderful for words. 2 Corinthians 9:15
U Underneath are God's everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27
V Visit the orphans and widows. James 1:27
W We love because God first loved us. 1 John 4:19
X Except a kernel of wheat fall into the ground and die, it remains a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. John 12:24
Y You must be born again. John 3:7
Z "Zacchaeus, you come down, for I'm going to your house today." Luke 19:15

Excerpted from The Most Important Place on Earth. Copyright © 2004 by Robert D. Wolgemuth.

No comments: