Wednesday, August 8, 2007

August 8, 2007

"He awakens [me] each morning; He awakens my ear to listen like those being instructed. The Lord God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I did not turn back." Is 50: 4,5

This is my goal, my desire, my objective for each day....to begin the day with the Lord. It doesn't always work out that way, but it is what I strive for. My whole day goes better when I get to do it that way. He longs to meet with me, to fellowship with me, to give me instruction for the day. It is my job to show up, shut up and listen up! I'm better at the first one than the last two, I'm afraid.

I usually find myself pouring out my complaints, my needs, my hurts, my fears, my worries, and then pouring out those for everyone else....and these days the list gets longer and longer. Sometimes my time runs out before my list does and I find that I have no time left to LISTEN. Yet this verse tells me that is exactly what I need to do if I want to receive His instructions for the day.

If I will just show up and then allow Him to open up my ears to hear his voice, this verse tells me that HE will speak. If I will not be rebellious and make my quiet time all about me and mine, He WILL speak. "Be still and know that I am God." He beckons to each of us every day.

I have been reading through the book of Isaiah. I have been astounded at the number of times He says "Wake up!".... "Listen to me"...."Pay attention"!! The God of the Universe desires an audience with us. He wants to guide us in the way we should go. He wants to give us manna from Heaven that will sustain us all day long. He wants to teach us how to get through the difficult moments of our day. He wants to tell us how we can minister to those He puts in our path today. He wants to strengthen us, help us, comfort us and fortify our minds and hearts against the enemy. But to do that, we MUST....

SHOW UP.....

SHUT UP....

LISTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a lot to work on. How about you?

No comments: